Search This Blog

Loading...

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Star Trek Gives Depth to 1960's TV Series

The cult Trekker set - like me - have been waiting for decades for this unique Star Trek movie. The story of how the original Star Trek crew characters came together and inspired a generation (along with the Apollo manned lunar program) does enhance the pop culture for space. The characters of the new movie do the the original TV series characters more than adquate justice. The movie stands on its own (without being a Trekker per se). It gives depth to the newly re-released BlueRay original TV series. It is the best of the ten of the Star Trek movies because of the introduction of the characters. Other reviews in video1 and video2. Your comments?

On a personal note, I like the sequence that introduces the NewSpace notion of SpaceDiving!

5 comments:

Nomad said...

Everything about this new Star Trek was perfect as far as i'm concerned, except at the theater the reel kept jumping and the sound went out a couple of times... why are movie theaters still using film i wonder?

vern said...

I loved the movie as much as I loved star trek tv show. Watching movie in the theater was like having a roller coaster ride or I should say a space ship ride

carlo said...

I don't know about star trek movie but I have watched Star Trek TV Show. It is a good show related to sci-fi thing

rohan said...

I like not only Star Trek Movie but also Star Star Trek TV Show very much. I got them with the help of Internet.

drew said...

Star Trek Movie and Star Trek TV show both are great to watch online. But I like Star Trek movie very much then the Star Trek TV show.